The producers of the internationally acclaimed and award-winning In Colour DVD series now bring Hitler in Colour, a telling story of the rise and fall of a man who devastated the lives of countless numbers of people around the world. For 12 years, Hitler's overpowering personality dominated the German nation. He led his people from economic ruin in European conquest and to the brink of creating a New World Order. In his wake, he brought a reign of terror that caused death to millions. Drawing from recently discovered German film collections that comprise hours of previously unseen color footage, and woven with eyewitness testimony, Hitler in Colour tells the astonishing and disturbing story as never before. Narrated by Emmy Award winning British actor Brian Cox.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Here's an oldie, but goodie from 1987 for all those people that were conscious for the 80's.
The language is raw, but the comedy is well done. Eddie Murphy shines in an outrageous stand-up routine, taking on everyone from Michael Jackson to Bill Cosby, from feminists to bigots.
At the time of its release, Eddie Murphy Raw contained the most uses of the word "fu-ck" ever in a feature-length film, surpassing Scarface. It remained so until the release of Goodfellas in 1990.
Monday, May 26, 2008
For those who missed the update late last night, BlackBerry OS 184.108.40.206 downloads are now available for 8100, 8110, 8120, 8300, 8310, 8320, 8700, 8800, 8820 HERE
Posted by R.P. at 10:11 PM
Monday, May 19, 2008
In June, 1940, England stood alone against brutal aggression. The Germans had yet to be stopped in their lightning thrust across Europe - their next target was Britain.
Hitler was frustrated by Britain's refusal to make a settlement with him. He had no great desire to wage war against Britain and her empire, but nor was he shy of smashing both if they stood in his way. His plan was to use his air force, the threat of invasion, and an actual invasion if necessary and possible, to force Britain to capitulate. From early July the Luftwaffe (the German air force) was ordered to mount offensive operations against Britain.
The Battle of Britain was the first major failure of the Germans in World War II, and it thwarted Hitler's plan to force Britain to accept peace or face invasion.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
In this ceaselessly fascinating German documentary - an absolute must-see for all armchair war buffs - Hitler's desire to strike at the heart of America is vividly detailed by contemporary interviews and a remarkable array of rarely seen archival footage, much of it in colour. As far back as 1937 Hitler was shown a full-scale mock-up of an aircraft that could take the war to the US. Like many Messerschmitt designs, the ME 264 (or America Bomber) was way ahead of its time, its primary purpose being to inflict psychological damage on the American war effort.
Award-winning journalist Rageh Omaar investigates how immigration has affected Britain in a landmark three-part current affairs series.
Using Enoch Powell's explosive Rivers of Blood speech as a starting point, Rageh explores whether the apocalyptic visions of 40 years ago have any basis in today's reality.
Omaar navigates the rocky terrain of Britain's current immigration landscape, traveling around the country, talking to ordinary people and unearthing some startling and uncomfortable truths. He poses the uncomfortable questions Powell raised in his speech - questions which are often sidestepped in political debate.
The series features a specially commissioned YouGov survey that reveals what people living in Britain (including settled immigrants and new arrivals) really think about the topic of immigration and what its effects are and have been on British life.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Some of the new features are handheld-only; some require server upgrades. If you're on BlackBerry Enterprise Server, your IT department will need to upgrade; if you're on BlackBerry Internet Service, you'll need to wait a few months for your carrier to upgrade. I've marked server features with an (S), and handheld features with an (H) to show what you'll be able to do immediately.
• BlackBerry Maps with Points of Interest (H)
• Improved media player with playlist support and automatic playlist generation (H)
• Voice note recording (H)
• Video recording on Curve models (H)
• Streaming support for YouTube and Sling Player (H)
• Microsoft Office document editing with DocumentsToGo (H)
• Native format attachment downloading (S)
• HTML e-mails (S)
• Over-the-air device upgrades (S)
• Free/busy calendar lookup (S)
• Searching the server for old e-mail messages (S)
NOTE: Install at your own risk, as this is a Beta OS and is not supported, which may void your warranty if you have any issues.
Instructions for updating your BlackBerry OS
- Make sure you have the latest version of Desktop Manager 4.5 installed.
- Download the latest OS for your BlackBerry model to the PC then install it to the PC by running the file you downloaded.
- Go to \Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader and DELETE the Vendor.xml file.
- Plug in your BlackBerry via USB and Open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade. Follow the prompts and you're on your way.
DO NOT DISCONNECT THE DEVICE.
Be patient, it can take more than an hour... Mine took about 50 mins.
If you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, re-connect to Desktop Manager again and run the application loader and it should load the OS to the device.
BONUS by request
Posted by R.P. at 8:51 PM
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Determined to find out the true effects of marijuana on the human body, stand-up comedian and former Stoner of the Year Doug Benson documents his experience avoiding pot for 30 days and then consuming massive amounts of the drug for 30 days. More than just an amusing story of one man’s quest to get superhigh, this documentary also examines the hotly contested debate over medical marijuana use.
Friday, May 2, 2008
News has been swirling furiously over the web the last few days concerning the latest release of Blackberry phones. Well known blogger BoyGenius has come up with all the goods concerning info on these new models.
Blackberry BOLD 9000
- Size - Length: 114mm, Width: 66mm, Thickness: 14mm
- Weight (with battery) - 133g (same as the 88xx series.)
- Memory - 1GB on-board plus 128 MB Flash
- Battery - 1500mAhr lithium cell
- Est. Battery Life - Standby: 13 days, Talk Time: 5 hours
- Network Support - UMTS: 2100 / 1900 / 850MHz, GSM: 1900 / 1800 / 900 / 850 MHz, GPRS, EDGE and HDSPA networks
- Wi-Fi - 803.11a/b/g enabled
- Display - HVGA, 480 x 320 pixels, Transmissive TFT LCD, supports over 65k colors
- Media Player, Video Support - DivX 4, Div X 5 & 6 are partially supported, XviD is partially supported, H.263, H.264 and WMV3
- Media Player, Audio Support - .3gp, MP3, WMA9 (.wma/.asf), WMA9 Pro/WMA 10, MIDI, AMR-NB, Professional AAC/AAC+/eAAC+
- Media Player, Audio - BlackBerry Media Sync allows you to transfer your desktop iTunes music to your BlackBerry!!!
- Camera - 2.0MP, 5 x digital zoom (with flash of course)
- GPS - internal GPS with extended ephemeris, BB Maps is standard
- Bluetooth - Bluetooth v2.0, all the normal stuff and Bluetooth Stereo Audio via A2DP and AVCRP
- USB Port - Enables charging and high-speed data synchronizations via USB "A" to mini-USB "B" cable.
- Browser - HTML browsing, View Movies/Clips from websites built for mobile streaming, RSS feed support
Blackberry 9100 / Kickstart
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- "Next Gen" SureType keyboard
- 2 Megapixel camera
- 16-bit color LCDs
- Internal LCD is 320×240, external one is 160×128
- Wi-Fi b,g
- 3.5mm headset jack
- OS is 4.6
More concerning the 9100 / Kickstart release